Thursday, December 18, 2014

We've been busy!

I had kind of hoped to keep up on this blog a bit.  But life with a newborn has been so busy!  When baby is sleeping I am trying to get something productive done, or sleeping myself.

I can't believe Fiona is a few days away from 4 months old!  What a whirlwind these last few months have been.  I would say that after the first month passed, that I finally felt like my head resurfaced and I could breathe a little bit again.

Fiona started sleeping through the night fairly consistently around 2 months old.  That has made all the difference, getting good sleep.  I also have slept so much better since we got the baby monitor and I moved back upstairs.  There have still been a couple of times when I have stayed downstairs after getting up to feed Fiona during the night...but those feedings are becoming fewer and further between.

She is such a content, sweet baby.  My heart just swells with love when I think about her.  So full of smiles and giggles and coos.  I am loving the more interactive side of her, and I imagine she will only get more and more interactive as time passes.  She is rolling over quite well from back to front and front to back.  She hasn't really figured out that she can use rolling to get places...but once she does, I am sure I will have to watch her like a hawk!

I decided this week that is time to try and get her on a bit of a schedule.  Her bedtime was varying anywhere from 930-1130pm.  I really wanted some evening time to myself, and to spend with Jay!  I had been feeding her 5 times per day, and decided to try 4 feeds per day and she seems to be doing well with that.  So, for the last couple of days she has eating at 8am, 12pm, 4pm and 8pm then to bed.  It usually takes her a while to settle to sleep.  Some days I almost wish she took a soother, because I think it would be easier to settle her back down by plugging her cry hole, haha...but once she settles in, she sleeps really well.  I just feel like I pick her up to settle her more than I would like, but it seems to work. 

She has been doing really well in the Woombie, but with all of her rolling, I feel like it is probably getting to be time to get rid of it.  I am thinking I will wait until after Christmas to start working on putting her to bed without it.  I am sure it won't be the disaster that I am picturing, but she has just been sleeping so well in it, I am a little scared to see what she will do without it.  I will probably start with putting her down for naps without it....then move to night times.  Maybe she will be able to self soothe better if she can suck her fingers at night....I guess we will see!

I am getting excited for Christmas!  I know that Fiona won't have the first clue about what is going on, but I think it will be a fun day.  I am thankful that we get to spend the day with Jay's family and my family.  I am sure Fiona will enjoy the excitement, and hopefully we can get a good nap or two in, so she isn't too fussy!


Merry Christmas from our little family! :)

No comments: