Sunday, June 01, 2014

30 Weeks!

I can't believe there are only 10 weeks left until my due date!  I don't feel terribly overwhelmed with things to do....as there is still lots of time, and I don't feel that we have a ton of stuff left to prepare.  Once I am done work, and have a better grasp on what we need to get, I will do some shopping, wash some clothes, make some meals to freeze and take lots of nice naps. 

If our baby was to be born now, there is a very high likelihood that she would survive, and probably not have long term health issues, so 30 weeks feels like a pretty exciting milestone!  I have been feeling lots of kicks and rolls and flops (sometimes I wish I could see inside there and know what baby is up to!).  In the last week I started to feel hiccups.  I wasn't sure when a person might start feeling them, and wondered maybe if I just didn't have a hiccuppy baby.  I was wrong!  Today I have felt hiccups three times, haha. 

Jason and I are about 99% settled on a girl's name and middle name, as well as a boy's name (just in case!).  We really didn't have a tough time finding a name we liked.  But, there is part of me that wonders if I stopped looking prematurely.  However, I did read at least two baby name books from cover to cover and read through a lot of name lists online.  I seemed to keep coming back to the same names, so I feel pretty comfortable with our choices.  They are names that suit a child and will grow up well to be good adult names as well.

Jay has been keeping up on my biweekly belly photos and put together another composite to compare the progress.  It is definitely eye opening when you see yourself every day, and people keep telling me how small my belly is....to see a photo like this.  Baby is definitely growing! :)

 

No comments: