Saturday, May 24, 2014

29 weeks!

I can't believe I am 29 weeks.  I have a feeling the next couple of months are going to fly by.  Summer in Saskatchewan usually goes by quickly, and I doubt this year will be any exception.  We have been enjoying the warmer weather this week, but I am looking forward to the more seasonal forecast for the coming week.  I think I enjoy temperatures between about 18-25C the best.

I think I have reached the point in my pregnancy where I am starting to get uncomfortable.  I am finding that I am not sleeping as well at night.  I was quite comfortable until very recently sleeping on my back, but now when I sleep on my back, my back and my stomach hurt.  If I sleep on my side my shoulder hurts, and my back hurts, but not as bad as if I sleep on my back.  So far, the back pain doesn't seem to bother me too much during the day, unless I am on my feet a lot.  I have noticed recently that my feet ache a lot.  I haven't had much swelling yet but I find, especially when I am barefoot in the house even for a fairly short period of time, my feet ache like I have been standing on them for hours.  I think it is a combination of the looseness in my ligaments caused by the hormones, and carrying around extra weight, and a different center of gravity/balance probably contributes as well.  I am definitely starting to feel more tired.  I seem to tire out more quickly, but I am also noticing that sometimes my belly feels heavy to carry around.  And it's not even THAT big yet.   

This past week I am pretty sure I felt that the baby had hiccups a couple of times!  At first I just thought I was being kicked again and again and again, very gently.  But then I realized that it was way too rhythmic to be kicks/movements.  It almost felt like a little heartbeat, but too slow for me or the baby.  The other morning, Jay even got to feel it a little bit.  So fun :)

I am not complaining, I am still kind of in awe of what is going on my body right now.  Amazed to be growing a little person who is half Angie and half Jason.  So curious about what she will look like, and what her personality will be like.  Eleven more weeks to go!

No comments: