Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pizza Sauce

I am sure that Jay will write a post at some point about our awesome gluten free pizza that we made for supper tonight (since he took some great photos of it).  I am here to write about the sauce that we used on the pizza.  I found this recipe a while back and before I went gluten free we tried it and thought it was just great.  So great in fact that we made a similar version of it tonight with gluten free crust.  I knew it must be good when Jay said it was (and I quote) "the best thin crust pizza I have ever had". 

I realize that not everyone wants a thai inspired pizza sauce on every pizza.  However, if you would like to try a Thai pizza, this sauce is amazing!

Thai Pizza Sauce (I imagine it could be used for other purposes too....)

2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tsp soy sauce (I used gluten free soy sauce)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp of brown sugar
1/2 tsp of chili pepper flakes (or less to taste)

Mix together and enjoy!

No comments: