Sunday, May 06, 2012

Crochet

For a while I have wanted to learn to crochet.  I figured that it would be a good skill to know in conjunction with knitting.  I had heard that crochet was a fair bit faster than knitting and it seems to be true.  Once I got the hang of the motions, it doesn't seem too tough.  I don't feel like I completely GET crochet.  I think I can tell one stitch from another, but I don't know if I understand how the different stitches can come together to make different patterns.  So far I have watched a few YouTube videos with tutorials on how to make granny squares and how to make a basic crochet hat with ears.

Here are my first finished products:


I have made a couple more granny squares since my first one, and if I enjoy it enough, maybe will make enough to join together in a small afghan or baby blanket.  We'll see though...


Here is my first crochet hat.  I think it turned out quite well.  I don't love the way my rows came together so I made that the back of the hat, but I am sure with practice it will get easier.

No comments: