Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Retirement

I know I still have quite a ways to go before I retire from working.  However, I was thinking this morning that I might retire from running.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Mogathon, and I have enjoyed training and running the events that I did last summer as well.  I went for a run this morning and my knee/IT band is bothering me again.  I think that I would rather not have ongoing pain, so for now I am going to give running a rest.  I will probably go occasionally.  I don't want to entirely lose the endurance I have gained, but it wasn't too difficult to pick it up again this spring after taking last winter off. 

Now comes the hard part.  I don't know what to do for exercise.  Honestly, in the last number of months, running has been my sole form of exercise.  I did do a tiny bit of weight training, and occasional ab exercises when I was going to the Field House regularly.  I know that I have lost most of the strength I gained from P90X last spring/summer, but thankfully, I have not put on weight.  I think I will start to try incorporate some of my P90X workouts and some of my Jillian Michaels DVDs.  Try to find some of the motivation/dedication that I seemed to be full of last summer and can't dredge up for anything this summer. 

I did have a thought of joining my sister for the MS Bike Tour this September.  However, my bike is so old and kind of crappy.....plus I feel terrified at the thought of riding my bike in the city.  I just don't trust cars....plus, not to sound entirely selfish, but I HATE fundraising.  I can't stand asking people for money, even if it is for a super good cause.  So, I don't think I will be doing the MS Bike Tour, but I did briefly think about it while I was running this morning.

1 comment:

Lyn said...

I was going to suggest biking...but then I read to the end. But if you ever want to go for a bikeride I'd love to go. My bike is 20 years old, and it just needed a tune-up to run like a charm.