Friday, September 03, 2010

In my next life...

I am going to be super domestic. Not that I am not now. I can cook and I clean and I can bake. I just think it would be really cool to be one of those people with a huge garden that cans a year's worth of vegetables and fruits and whatnot each year. I love the idea of a garden, of growing food. But I think I can also understand why a lot of people don't grow a garden anymore. It is a lot of work. I can't imagine spending hours cleaning, preparing and canning/pickling/freezing all the vegetables that I would grow. My sister has given us bags of apples a few times and I get tired of cutting and peeling apples after half an hour. But I think if I had all the time in the world, and didn't need to work, I think I would grow a gigantic garden, like my family in Carrot River.

Here is a small portion of my cousin Ron and his daughter Collette's garden. Amazing! And here is their GIGANTIC corn! This was at the beginning of August! Man, we really need to get some corn on the cob before the season ends :)

No comments: