Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Life is fragile

I found out the other day that a girl I used to be pretty good friends gave birth to her baby prematurely (she was due in June) and the baby passed away, and she almost died giving birth.

I had chatted with her a few weeks ago and I knew that her unborn baby had some serious health problems and he was not expected to live long beyond birth. But the only option for her and her husband was to keep on praying and hoping that God would give them the miracle they so desperately needed. When I heard about her baby I felt so sad. I am not a parent, but I know how many tears I shed over my dog when I thought she had cancer. And she is just a dog.... I just can't even begin to fathom the complete and utter sorrow that they must be experiencing. And what it must have been like them to find out that their desired baby (their 2nd child) was in grave trouble. When I found out about their situation I immediately started praying for them. Any time I thought of them I prayed that God would provide a miracle for them, and in the mean time just give them peace and comfort in this incredibly difficult time.

When I heard that the baby hadn't made it, and that the mom had come close to losing her life, I couldn't help but cry. I find myself getting watery eyed every time I think of them. Not very convenient when you are driving or giving a massage, haha. I was thinking about how many people have been praying for them, for a miracle, and I realized that maybe the miracle came in the mom pulling through.

If you think of it, say a prayer for them. I know I will keep remembering them in my prayers. This whole situation has also really made me stop and think about what a miracle the development of babies and child birth really is. Wow.

No comments: