Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sore Neck

I did an abdominal exercise video from SaskTel Max yesterday morning. It was quite a challenge because I am pretty weak in my abdominal muscles, but I was proud of myself for completing the better part of the routine without taking breaks. However today I notice that the muscles at the front of my neck (SCMs) are super stiff. Almost as bad as the time I got whiplash from going tubing at Camp Kadesh. I was doing my best not to crane my neck when doing the crunches, but I guess, like my abs, my neck muscles are weak. My head got awfully heavy after doing multiple crunches and having to try to support my head.

I have been looking online at some options for workout videos that I could possibly buy. A few that I have heard good things about are Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. They are both by Jillian Michaels (from the Biggest Loser) but from what I have read they are a lot more advanced than the 30 Day Shred and probably shouldn't be attempted unless you can do two levels of the 30 Day Shred back to back. I have yet to try that, so I might hold off on those ones for a while. Another good one I heard about is called The Biggest Loser: Weight Loss Yoga. I heard there are a few different levels and that it is a good place for beginners to start but that it is also challenging. I would love to gain some flexiblity, as I am pretty tight. I think I have noticed a minor improvement since I started exercising, but I have not been super consistent with my stretching. As for other workout videos, I will keep my eyes open, and if you have any suggestions I am willing to take them.

No comments: