Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A few observations on February 2, 2010

  • Going through the conveyor belt type touch-less car wash at Co-op makes me feel dizzy/seasick.
  • It's a lot harder to walk through snow than bare pavement.
  • Ground Hog Day is completely irrelevant in Saskatchewan. We will always have six more weeks of winter after February 2nd. That will only bring us to the middle of March. It is usually winter in Saskatchewan until at least April.
  • I feel that there is very little excuse for people to have NOT shoveled their sidewalks since the blizzard a week and a half ago. Shoveling your sidewalk is part of the responsibility of owning a house. If you cannot do it yourself, either hire someone or call up a friend/relative or someone to come help you with it. Not to toot my own horn, but I shoveled our driveway and sidewalks after the blizzard. Little ole Angie. I am not particularly strong. It took me about three hours in total to do it, but I did it. I was stiff and sore for a few days after, but I did it. You have no excuse!!
  • On a similar topic, if you own a house on a corner lot, it is your responsibility to shovel the snow on the sidewalk beside your house.
  • I had winter tires put on my car on Saturday and I have noticed a pretty significant improvement in how the car handles on the slippery roads.
  • I can't believe how weird it felt to drive my car on Saturday after driving the Chevy Avalanche for a week. I felt like I was a tiny little thing sitting so close to the ground.
  • I did level two of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD this morning for the first time. Wow, I don't know if I have ever sweat so much. I was huffing and puffing so hard at the end. Near the end of the workout Jillian says something like, "By now you should feel like you are going to die." I almost did. I don't know that I will do it again tomorrow, but I will definitely work it into the rotation. I felt like it was a good thigh and glut workout

1 comment:

LJE said...

our excuse for our unshoveled sidewalk is our new baby and the complete exhaustion that comes with that. And unfortunately no one has been kind enough to offer to do them so far, so they are not done. And that is a pretty darn good excuse. When energy and time is so limited, that is one of the last things on our to do list.