Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Saga Continues

I was in to see my doctor again today to adjust my thyroid medication. It seems that the medication is still suppressing the thyroid too much so she lowered the dosage by a third. Here's hoping in six weeks that I will be getting back to normal. I definitely have less hypothyroid symptoms than I did six weeks ago, however apparently my numbers are still high. I found out today that normal TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level is around 5. Six weeks ago my TSH was at 75 and when I went for blood work earlier this week my TSH was at 35. Still too high :P I hope that we are able to get things figured out soon. Not that I expected this to be a breeze, but when I was diagnosed with Graves disease in May I thought that it would be a couple of years of medication and it would be taken care of. I would say I have gone to the doctor more in the last four months than I have in years. I usually go once a year for my checkup and possibly another time if I am really sick. They actually remember me by name when I go in there now. It is a small office (my doc works by herself, with one office assistant), but still. They didn't used to know me when I only went in once or twice a year. I guess this is the way it goes as you get older?!

No comments: