Monday, September 28, 2009

Blah blah blah

I have been feeling like I have been in a rut lately. Just feeling rather blah. I have considered trying to get involved with something, maybe take some lessons of some sort, or join a gym or SOMETHING to get me out of the house that I would find enjoyable. I usually talk myself out of trying new things though. Too expensive, too potentially embarrassing (though I did go to a few of the belly dancing lessons I signed up for last fall!), time of day conflicts, etc.

My sister invited me to join a book club that her and her friends are starting up. Not totally sure if I will do it, but at least it is something fairly safe. I enjoy reading, I know my sister and some of her friends, and it doesn't cost much (I guess depending on what books they choose to read). I am pretty shy and often find excuses not to participate in things because I don't know anyone who will be there. I have a hard time meeting new people. I get into a crowd of people and sort of clam up.

In my boredom I have started playing The Sims 2 again. What a silly game. In the few hours I played yesterday, I managed to potty train my toddler, teach him to talk and walk. Then he grew up into a little boy and before bed last night he grew into a teenager. Now his parents are retired senior citizens. Life is sort of boring as a Sim when you don't have to go to work. I was commenting to Jason that I had forgotten that people can go to the mall in this game. I said maybe I will have to send my senior citizens to Market Mall so they can go sit on the bench and watch all the young folks wander around. Or maybe I could convince them to have public 'woohoo'. Silly game!

No comments: