Thursday, January 01, 2009

It's 2009!

I feel like I should write something insightful but I don't have anything to say. So I will steal this from another blog I read...

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Went on a road trip with my hubby to Calgary and Drumheller.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't typically make them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My friend Karen had a baby, she's sooo cute (the baby...well Karen's pretty cute too ;) )!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Fortunately not!

5. What countries did you visit? Canada

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Be more busy at work and continue to grow my clientele base.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 12-16 our trip to Alberta, Christmas 2008 - Hosted my family at our house, Feb. 1st - Picked up Kiwi at the airport

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Raising a puppy and putting Christmas lights up on the outside of our house

9. What was your biggest failure? Not keeping the house as clean as it should be

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major!

11. What was the best thing you bought? I am enjoying the Wii

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jason was a great chauffeur in Calgary, even though he had never driven there. (and he didn't get too frustrated when I told him to go the wrong way)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Politicians

14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage, Daily living expenses, Landscaping our yard

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Our summer vacation plans and getting a puppy

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I am not sure if there are any in particular. I don't listen to new music.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) Happier or Sadder? Happier
(b) Thinner or Fatter? Same?
(c) Richer or Poorer? Poorer (landscaping is expensive!)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spent time with friends and exercise

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating food that is bad for me

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2008? With my extended family in my house (14 adults and 4 children under the age of 5)

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? I stayed in love with my husband.

22. How many one-night stands? None

23. What was your favorite TV program? Oooo The Office!

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.

25. What was the best book you read? The only one that is jumping out at me right now is The Shack. It was a good book!

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Not sure I listened to anything new this year :P

27. What did you want and get? A Wii

28. What did you want and not get? A Wii Fit

29. What was your favorite film of this year? I saw a few gooders...Juno, The Pursuit of Happiness, Mamma Mia, Prince Caspian

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 27 and I honestly don't remember. I think I went to work. Oh and we probably went to Botanica to get my free birthday dinner. Oh yeah, now I remember. I ate a whole rack of ribs. Man did I feel terrible after that, haha. No free food for me this year....

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being busier at work.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I don't have a fashion concept. I buy things that fit me and I think look good. I am not trendy or in style.

33. What kept you sane? Jason and Kiwi

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Don't really fancy famous folks

35. What political issue stirred you the most? I thought the coalition government thing was retarded!

36. Who did you miss? I miss spending quality time with good friends. It happens, but just not as often as it used to.

37. Who was the best new person you met? Made some new friends in our weekly Bible study group.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. I am not ready to be a parent

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I can't think of a song lyric after wracking my brain....so I will share my favorite Simpson's quote "Ooo look at me, I'm making people happy. I'm the magical man, from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop lane!" Homer Simpson

40. What are your resolutions for 2009? Go on a destination holiday next winter.

No comments: