Sunday, October 26, 2008

Things I learned this weekend

- I am not a scrapbooker. I will never be a scrapbooker. Whoever invented scrapbooking is probably nearly as rich as Bill Gates now.
- I tried my hand at using some scrapbooking equipment to make some hand made cards. I did enjoy myself, but because my inexperience it took me a few hours to make four cards.
- I love food. Great food this weekend, from cinnamon buns, croissants, home made soup, roast beef and AMAZING dessert buffet (at least 5 kinds of cheesecake, two kinds of chocolate fondue, fruit, trifle and an amazing three tiered cake!).
- I want a hot tub. Well maybe not, but I need to make some friends who have a hot tub so I can go hang out in it. Except for the crazy wind gusts last night, that might have been my favorite part of the weekend.
- I am not good at adding large random numbers in my head. This weekend Arleen planned another Amazing Race where you run all over the camp finding clues and doing tasks. The final task was to locate 10 numbers hidden on and around the playground out there and add them up. We managed to find the numbers, but with numbers like 56, 21, 345, 9, 21, etc it is hard to add in your head. For some reason a number of the teams had a pen in their pocket so they added it up and were done super fast. Us on the other hand trying to do it in our heads we kept getting the wrong number. Boo! We were in 2nd place until that task, we ended up coming in 6th out of 8 teams :P
- Another task in the Amazing Race was on the challenge course. You had to get on a platform that was maybe only 2 feet off the ground, grab a hanging rope and swing on it across to a big tractor tire that was the same height as the platform. Sounds pretty easy, but when you aren't in shape it gets to be tough. I am sure that all the little girls out there could do it no problem. It probably took me about 5 or 6 tries before I managed to do it. I figured our team would be out of it for good! But Lyn and I did it and on we went, until we hit the adding challenge!
- I am not ready to be a parent. I spent a good amount of time this weekend with Danica and Nehemiah and enjoyed myself, I really did, just don't feel ready to have one of my own to care for. I had a great time playing with Danica. I haven't spent that much time with her before and she is a fun little girl. I think it will be very interesting once she can say more words. I think she will be quite a little chatterbox :)
- I am never going to own a piece of clothing from Lululemon. I saw a number of young girls (and some moms!) there this weekend with Lululemon stuff on and I know how expensive it is and I wonder how their parents got duped into buying them $100 hoodies or yoga pants! Maybe they saved their allowance to buy them, but still, I would rather have 3 or 4 or 5 shirts for that price. I have never set foot in that store and I don't plan to any time soon.

Oh yeah, we got the Wii! After calling around to about 15 different stores we were able to track some down at EB Games in the Midtown Plaza. I went down there on Thursday and got us a console, extra controller and an extra nunchuk. It has been a lot of fun to play so far. I look forward to playing more and getting some more games.

No comments: