Wednesday, July 09, 2008

My heart is still racing

We came SO close, within inches, of hitting a deer on the way home from dropping Kiwi off this evening. I think if Jason would have been a millisecond later in seeing it, we would have hit it dead on. But he saw it on the side of the road and hit the brakes with all he had and we managed to avoid it. I didn't see it until it was right in front of us, and let me tell you my heart felt like it was in my throat and I uttered some not so nice words. I wouldn't have been surprised if we hit the deer's tail. It was so close. Nothing like slamming on the brakes at 110kms/hr. At least we know the brakes are still in good shape! And the seat belts work! That sure would have put a damper on our holiday plans, and I don't know if SGI would still insure us after making three claims in the last year. :P

After it was all said and done, I laughed and said "Doh, a deer, a female deer." A line from the Simpsons when they hit a deer statue with the car.

No comments: