Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Superfriends

Has anyone out there seen the show Superfriends?

As I had mentioned we got hooked up with SaskTel Max last week, and we get ALL the channels for the first four months. One of those channels is Teletoon Retro. So far I think the only things I have seen on there worth mentioning are The Raccoons (remember that one??) and Superfriends. I was not familiar in the least with Superfriends. I did not realize that it has three ten minute clips per show, that include superheroes such as Superman, Batman and Robin, Wonder Woman, the Wonder Twins, El Derado, and Apache Chief to name a few. I think that show was on originally in the 70s and it is SO cheesy. The feel and quality of the cartoon reminds me of Hercules, which I used to watch often when I was little.

I am slightly ashamed to admit that I don't mind watching the show Family Guy. I know it has moments of terrible vulgarity, but there is some funny stuff on there. Part of the reason I like it are all the parodies they do on it. I did not realize until just a few days ago, how many things they have ripped off from the Superfriends.

No comments: