Friday, July 04, 2008

bathing suit shopping and falling on my face

Today on the way home from work I stopped at Superstore to do some banking, pick up a few groceries and look at their clothes. I have been pleased with their selection of affordable clothing there in the past and wanted to specifically check out their bathing suits. After putting my two year old tankini on last weekend I realized that I must have slimmed down a bit in the last two years. The top was rather loose, which is never a good thing in a bathing suit. I grabbed a few different styles of suits, one piece, tankini and bikini.

I have tried on bikinis in the past, but that was when I was a little chubbier than I am now. I think at this point in my life I am probably the most comfortable with my body than I have ever been. I probably weigh as much (possibly less...) than I did in high school, and I feel pretty good. Of course there are always areas that could be improved with a few ab exercises, squats and lunges....but overall I can't say I am disappointed with how I look these days. I would also say that when trying on bathing suits that I am thankful to have a small chest. I used to wish for bigger ones sometimes, when clothes would fit me on the bottom half, but not on the top half, or vice versa, but I would say I am satisfied 95% of the time with my small boobs.

I tried on the bikini today, and I thought to myself "Can I really see myself running around outside in something that covers so little? I didn't feel like I was bulging out or anything, I just couldn't see myself wearing it outside the house. And since we don't have a pool in our house, I passed on the bikini. I do however like the concept of a two piece bathing suit, so I found a nice tankini with a white and brown patterned halter style top and brown bottoms. I also grabbed a couple of tank tops for $5 each! I also finished up my shopping for William's birthday on Monday. I can't believe that he is already two!

And if you are wondering about the title of this blog....about the me falling on my face part, yup, I did. When I got home, I got my three shopping bags, my backpack and my purse out of the trunk and walked toward the ramp at the front of the garage. The dog was also having a little spazzy fit around my feet because she hadn't seen me for a good five hours. I stepped onto the ramp about half way up (as I usually do) with one foot, then I thought I got my other foot on the ramp, but I didn't and down I went. It really could have been a lot worse, but I did scrape my chin and my upper lip :P Hopefully it doesn't scab, but right now they both feel sort of raw and sting-y. I am so graceful!

No comments: