Saturday, April 05, 2008

Neeeeeeeerd

It is Saturday night and Jay and I decided to stay home and do our income taxes. We have been putting it off for a while already. I think that most people who get a refund tend to do theirs early, and those of us who owe, tend to put it off as long as we possibly can. I am pleasantly surprised at the small amount that I owe this year. Last year we decided to start keeping our medical receipts, which I wasn't sure would be necessary, but we entered them and it made the amount I owe drop by about $800. I learned a valuable lesson. I suppose we could have made a mistake (or Quicktax made a mistake....) and I will be getting a letter in the mail asking for me to send them their extra $800...but for now I will be happy that I only owe a fraction of that :)

No comments: