Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I got a new credit card in the mail today. I always sort of dread getting a new one because you have to make the dreaded activation call. Then they connect you to a sales person who has a strong accent that is hard to understand who tries to sell you balance protection insurance or other things that aren't necessary if you pay your credit card bill each month. I bit the bullet and called right away to activate it, and to my delight and surprise after I selected English as my language of preference by pressing one, then entering my sixteen digit credit card number, the recording said "Your card is now activated, good bye." That was it! No sales pitch, no getting put on hold for five minutes while the sales person tried to activate your card. I so appreciated that :)

No comments: