Thursday, March 27, 2008

Be careful what you say (Updated)

My youngest nephew Will is quite the little climber. He loves to climb anything and everything. We kept saying "Man, I'm surprised that Will hasn't had any trips to the hospital yet." James has had stitches in his forehead at least two time already (and he's only 4). Well I got a call from my mom a little while ago from my sister's house. My sister and brother-in-law were on their way to the hospital with Will because he fell out of his crib (probably trying to climb out) and the paramedic figured that he broke his upper arm. *sigh* I am sure he'll be okay, and children heal so quick, but that's gotta be tough for a little guy like that to have a broken arm. The paramedic could have been wrong, but he seemed quite sure that it was broken. My sister was going to try to call mom and dad with an update as soon as they knew anything. I imagine a baby brought in by ambulance would probably take some sort of priority in the ER (I would hope so anyway...). Poor little guy.

Update: Got a call from mom around 10:30pm last night. I guess Will's arm was quite badly broken above the elbow and they were unable to set it manually so he will be having surgery this morning to set and pin the break. It sounds like they will splint it (no cast) for about three weeks. He must have really taken a bad fall. I guess if you think about someone that size falling out of a crib, that's pretty high! I was telling Jay that James slept in a crib until he was almost 3 years old and never once tried to climb out. Will is almost 21 months old. What a little monkey, maybe this will be a lesson to him about climbing things. Or maybe not...

No comments: