Monday, May 29, 2006

Having a BLAH day

I went to work early this morning because I had an appointment booked for 1030am. Well that's not THAT early, but I went in nonetheless. I did some laundry, returned some phone calls and waited to hear the chimes jingle on the door indicating that my client had arrived. A few minutes past 1030 I heard the jingle and sure enough it was my client. She is an older lady who has been having lower back pain for the last few weeks. This was to be our third appointment. She had just been to see her doctor and he said she shouldn't have the massage because the pain is not muscular. So she came to tell me that she was cancelling our appointment. Oh good, so now I get to just sit here and wait until my next appointment at 1pm. So I did a bit of reading, made a few phone calls, answered a few phone calls and had my lunch. Then had my 1pm appointment. Then it was 2pm and I had nothing to do until I was allowed to leave at 430ish. I think we are TECHNICALLY supposed to stay until 5pm, but reallly when the phone hasn't rung for hours and NO ONE has stopped by looking for an appointment, chances are no one is going to phone or stop by in that last half hour. So I decided to leave. (Between 2pm and 430pm I quickly ran over to Sears to return a shirt I had ordered out of the catalogue that was too small. I wanted to order one size bigger so I did that, and instead of just ordering the other shirt and switching the two, they gave me an in store credit for the returned shirt and made me order the new one seperately on my mastercard....grrr, now I have to spend another $19.99 plus tax at Sears instead of just getting the cash back or getting it reversed on the credit card....) I pulled out of my parking lot downtown and noticed that the traffic was quite backed up. I figured that I was in no real great rush so I pulled in and waited through 5 green lights until I could turn left from 23rd St onto Idylwyld. Then it took me probably another 20 minutes to get from 23rd St and Idylwyld to the 8th St exit on the freeway. *sigh* I hate construction. The 8th St exit is closed for resurfacing. There were signs all along Idylwyld from downtown saying that it was closed and the freeway was down to just the left lane. I am pretty sure that Saskatoon drivers are some of the worst drivers in the world, but this woman in front of me proved it. She swirved around the signs and pilons at the 8th St exit and took it. There were paving trucks and whatnot lined up all up and down that street. There is no way she could have gotten through. I just wonder, did she not speak english, or was she illiterate? How could someone not understand all the orange pilons and signs mean DO NOT ENTER even if they can't read them. Anyway....from there on it was a pretty good drive home. Just one of those days though...where you feel all crappy and blah and almost like crying. It didn't help that I spent the better part of my 'down' time at work reading a book that is creepy and scary from the church library. Not quite sure yet why it's in the church library, but it is intriguing. I would say that so far the highlights of my day have been a wonderful supper cooked by my sweetheart and the fact that my car didn't leak today even though it sat out in the rain all day! Woohoo!

No comments: