Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Know what makes me mad?

Having to live in fear. Not that I live in fear, but I am sure you have all heard about the women who were attacked downtown in the last while. They were attacked in broad daylight on busy streets. I work downtown and now I feel a little paranoid about walking from work to my car. It is only about one block, but now I find myself looking over my shoulder as I walk. The other night the documentary Bowling for Columbine was on and I watched part of it. I don't know that I have ever seen the whole thing but it is quite interesting. It talks about a lot of things but mostly about how Americans live in fear. I don't want to live in fear, but I also don't want to be naive. The reality is that I have to walk to and from my car when I am at work. I guess I just need to be smart. I can't control other people's actions.

No comments: