Thursday, December 08, 2005

Christmas Cards

This morning, I had some time to myself before I had to go to work, so I sat down and started writing up some Christmas cards for some friends and family. We purchased some fairly inexpensive cards a few weeks ago at Walmart. They were $4 for 40 cards, so they aren't the nicest cards, but they are alright, considering mose people just throw them away after Christmas anyways. Anyway....I pulled out this one cards that had a picture of a little boy on the front saying his bedtime prayers. I looked inside and found a Bible verse that read, "We always thank God for all of you mentioning you in our prayers." which is a nice verse. However the reference read 1 Thessalonians 2:1, which reads, "You yourselves know, dear brothers and sisters, that our visit to you was not a failure." Hmmm, maybe that's what happens when secular companies try and print Bible verses in their cards...hehe. Oh well, it's only 4 cards out of 40 and they are kind of ugly anyways.

No comments: