Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Stupidity

Today for the second time in my life, I locked the keys in my car. The first time was a few years ago when I was working at Impark. When I leave work I always get my keys out of my purse before I leave the office and walk a block to my car so I don't have to fumble through my purse to find them when I get there. Today was no different. I took them out, and carried them. As I got nearer my car I tested out the command start (I've been doing that in the last couple of weeks to get an idea of the range I can get). So I started it, walked to the car and opened it up. Because of the snow today, I decided I would brush the snow off the windows. So I set my backpack and purse on the passenger seat, the keys on the drivers seat, and hit the 'unlock' switch so I could go around and get the scraper out of the backseat of the car (it was closer to the passenger side). Well unbeknownst to me, I had hit the lock button instead of the unlock button and locked myself out of the car, with the keys and my purse inside the car. I smacked myself in the head and wondered about my options. I do have a second set of keys, but I keep them at home, and as Jason was resting with the ringer on the phone turned off I could not contact him. So I swallowed my pride and went and asked at Crestview Auto if they could call a tow truck for me. So they did and I waited about 5 minutes which wasn't too bad. The guy got the door unlocked and for the 5 or so minutes of his time (I suppose he had to drive there too....) it cost me a whopping $29.96. *sigh* It has been a slow week at work and today with a cancellation I only ended up having one half hour appointment. So basically I went to work today and made $5.04. With the roads in the shape that they are in....I would have been better off to stay at home!

No comments: