Sunday, August 16, 2015

Almost ONE!

Man, I sure have dropped the ball on blogging about Fiona!

Life has been busy, and I suppose there are just different priorities.  I am quite active on Facebook and Instagram with updated information about my little girl....so I guess the blog has been neglected.

I don't know how in the world Fiona is going to be ONE this week.  The last year has been quite the whirlwind of a rollercoaster.  So many good things, and with that some challenges as well.  Becoming a mom has been such an adventure.

I feel so blessed that Fiona is such a content and easy going girl.  She went through a period between 7 and 9 months where she was teething and her sleep was not the best.  But for the last couple of months her sleep has been AMAZING!  She typically sleeps about 12-13.5 hours a night and then usually has 2 naps, but some days only one, and between her naps she usually sleeps another 3-4 hours a day.  I am not sure how long this will continue, or if it is part of a growth spurt that she is going through.  She is currently wearing mostly 12 month, and some 18 month clothing.  She has even been wearing a pair of jeans that are 18-24 month size.  She is a very tall, skinny girl, and I am curious to see how tall she is at her next checkup at the end of this month.  When I weigh her on our bathroom scale, it says she is about 22lbs.


Her appetite has been up and down in the last few months.  It seems that when she is actively teething, all she wants to eat is fruit, bready things (toast, cheerios, crackers, etc) and cheese.  But when she isn't she is quite open to trying vegetables and meat as well.  I think her favorite foods right now are grapes, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, bananas, watermelon, steak, chili, beans, Cheerios, cheddar cheese and yogurt.


She is very active.  She started crawling right around 8 months old.  By 9 months she was starting to pull herself up to standing and just after 10 months she started walking along furniture and walking behind anything that she could push.  I still think it will be a while before she is walking independantly.  She doesn't even really like to stand without support yet, so she has a ways to go, and I am okay with that.



Her favorite toys are things that aren't really toys.  She loves to play with Kiwi's toys and loves to pull things out of the couple of drawers that I have given her to play with.  She loves the flashlight that Jason keeps in the pouch of his wheelchair.  She is starting to enjoy being read to, as long as they are short without too many words.  Right now her favorites are Goodnight Moon, Snuggle Puppy and Mommy Hugs. 



She is quite chatty.  She doesn't really have any real words, but does say dada, mama, nana, papa, nonono, tookatooka, dootdoot...and more.  I just love listening to her babble, and I look forward to hearing what she has to say when she has real words.  She has the sweetest little voice.  She also has quite the belly laugh.

 

She got her bottom middle teeth when she was between six and seven months old.  Then she got her top ones next to the middle ones when she was between seven and eight months old.  Then she teethed off and on for the last four months and FINALLY a week or so ago she cut tooth number five (top middle) and is working on the other top middle one but it hasn't quite come through yet.  It looks like there are some getting close to the surface on the bottom as well.  I hope the rest of her teeth don't take four months of teething for each tooth!



I have enjoyed the summer with Fiona.  We have made a few trips to the park and she has enjoyed swinging on the swings.  We have gone for plenty of walks with Kiwi and just enjoyed some time out on the back deck and lawn.  I am not looking forward to winter, as Fiona becomes more mobile, but I am sure we will have some fun times playing in the snow and will maybe find some indoor play options to check out if we get too much cabin fever.


I have spent the last few weeks working on a digital photo book for Fiona's first year.  Once we have her birthday party next weekend, I will add a spread for her birthday and will get it printed.  It has been fun to do, and I can see making more photo books in the future.  In the photo book I have included each of the monthly photos we have done of Fiona over the last year.  When we started doing those photos for her first month, I assumed that we would just do as most people do, and photograph her in the same spot each month so we could see the growth that she had each month.  However, as time passed we ended up doing a unique photo each month that sometimes was related to a specific skill she had mastered that month, or sometimes just something Jason or I had envisioned for the photos.  I am pretty excited to do her twelve month photo this week.  It is going to be a lot of fun, and be quite meaningful to us. 

No comments: