Sunday, March 09, 2014

18 Weeks!

After I felt the little taps the other night I didn't feel anything for a while.  I started to wonder if maybe I had just imagined it.  However, in the last few days at least once or twice per day I have felt little movements in there.  I can't wait until they are stronger and Jay can feel them from the outside!

I feel like my belly has popped out a bit this week.  It is still pretty small, but growing!  I have gained about 5lbs now, which seems reasonable to me.

We go tomorrow morning to RUH for my ultrasound!  I expect to also see my OB tomorrow as well.  I am more excited than nervous for the ultrasound.  I am kind of nervous about having to have a full bladder, as I find it a hard balance to have a full, but not painfully full bladder.  Plus, they are gonig to probably be putting some pressure on my lower tummy, so that could be interesting.  Hopefully the excitement of it all will just outweigh the discomfort :)

We are hoping to find out the sex of the baby.  It won't be the end of the world if we can't find out, but I feel like it will help us to bond a little more with the baby before s/he is born, and will make it easier to prepare a room/clothes/etc.  I am still thinking it's a boy, but I suppose I have about a 50% chance of being right, ha!

We have started to throw a few names around.  I don't think we will have a hard time agreeing on a name as we tend to have similar ideas of what we like.  But there are a lot of names, and I want to make sure we look at a lot of names before we settle for a couple that we might choose.  We are not planning to share our name choices with anyone until after the baby is born.  I am pretty sure that most people we know would be supportive, but I have heard of people sharing their name choice when they are still pregnant, and someone making some awful comment about the name.  I figure once the kid already has the name, it's easier for people to accept it, because who wants to insult a baby, haha.

Also this week, my friend Karen had her baby boy!!  It was so great to go to the hospital for a visit on Friday evening and share some birthday cake to celebrate little Felix's long awaited arrival.  I am pretty excited that we will have children who are only a few months apart in age.  I never thought that would happen! 

No comments: