Monday, July 16, 2012

P90X again?

In the last six months or so my good friends, Karen and Arleen have been making an effort to get together for girls night's once or twice each month, which has been really great.  Our conversation seemed to often turn to weight loss and getting in shape and being healthier.  We talked about doing P90X, and after putting it off for a few months, Arleen and I decided to give it a try.  I was going to start the week before holidays, and did 2 or 3 of the workouts then got busy with work and getting ready to go on holidays (or maybe those are just excuses....).  While I was on holidays, Arleen started her first week and I texted her each day to see how the workouts were going.  I was very lazy and ate WAY too much on holidays, so decided that I need to come home and get down to business!

I am proud to say that I worked out 6 times last week!  The only things I sort of slacked on was only doing about 40 minutes of Yoga X (it's 90 minutes long!) and I skipped out on my Friday Ab Ripper because I needed to get supper on the go.  I should say on top of all of that I treated 14 clients last week! 

This morning I did my Chest and Back and Ab Ripper.  I was pleased that the pushups are getting easier.  I felt like when I first did Chest and Back after not having done it for months that the pushups almost made it feel like I was straining my pecs in a way that felt almost like an injury.  But now it just feels like normal fatigue when I do them.  And the next couple of days I am sore, but it is not that 'ow it hurts to take my shirt off over my head' for a week sort of pain.  Week 2 and I can already feel myself getting stronger!  That is what I love about this program.  It doesn't get easier, you just get stronger, then you can do a little more each time.

My goal for this round is to lose some inches of my waist/hips/thighs.  I have noticed in the last couple of months that my pants have been getting snugger and I don't like that.  I have also noticed my weight creeping up a little bit, which I also don't like.  I think it would be cool if I needed to buy some 20lb dumbbells for doing back exercises, and maybe get to the point where I can do bicep curls with the 15lb weights.  I am hoping with Arleen to spur me on (and vice versa) that we will kick some butt and get into great shape :)

No comments: