Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pizza Dough Recipe

After losing the recipe card, then almost losing the file that I had it written up in on my computer, I decided that I would add this recipe to my blog for easy access!  It is a recipe that we have made numerous times since we have been married.  It was given to me by Lynette at one of my bridal showers and we love it.

Easy Pizza Dough
 
2 tsp yeast
2 ½ cups flour (I usually do 1 1/2 cup whole wheat and 1 white)
1tsp salt
1 cup warm water
¼ cup oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
1 tsp italian seasoning (optional)

Mix the yeast with 1 1/2 cups of flour, salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.  Mix in oil and warm water until you have a goopy mess.  Mix in the rest of the flour and add a bit more if it is too sticky, if it is too dry add a bit more water.  Knead it on a floured counter top for 5 minutes or so until it smooth and elastic.  Set it aside in a covered bowl to rest for about 10 minutes while you prepare your pizza toppings.  This makes enough dough to make two round medium sized pizzas or one large cookie sheet sized pizza.  Roll the dough out evenly and top it with your desired toppings.  Bake it at 425F for approximately 25-30 minutes until the crust is browned.

No comments: