Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I would like to say a Happy Mother's Day to my mom and my mother-in-law!  I have been blessed to have these two wonderful ladies in my life to offer love and support.

I have a lot of friends who are now moms.  I would like to send some love and encouragement your way today.  It has been really neat to watch some of my closest friends transition into the role of mother. 

Today I also think of those for whom, Mother's Day is a sad day.  Those who have recently (or maybe not so recently) lost a mom, or those who have lost a child, or those who long to be mothers but are unable for whatever reason.  I hope that those who are sad today might feel encouraged by those around them.

One of my friends on Facebook posted this quote today and it resonated with me:
Well, it's That Day. A blessing for some, a heartache for others. Whatever this Mother's Day holds, may God's love surround you, filling in the empty spaces and the broken places, giving you the grace needed to "Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep." Romans 12:15. Liz Curtis Higgs

No comments: