Saturday, April 30, 2011

Encouragement

After a rough week, and a number of tears shed, I finally feel like I am getting back to feeling normal.  I appreciate all of the kind words and I am feeling encouraged.  It still was a week for some pretty awful news, but God has lifted me up and provided me with some smiles and some perspective this week that has brought me up out of the despair I was feeling.

Psalm 40:1-3

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
   he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
   out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
   and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
   a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the LORD
   and put their trust in him.

Here is a song by U2 that I have always liked, and it is short, so listen, and I hope you feel encouraged today too :)


 

No comments: