Saturday, February 12, 2011

Knitting Projects, Part 2

I have been keeping very busy knitting. I have a few more pictures of projects I have completed in the last couple of weeks.

This first photo is a hat that I made for my friend's one year old son. I hope it will fit his head. It is quite stretchy, so it should fit him, for at least a day or two ;)


This next picture is a hat I made for a friend. It is identical (though I think I knitted it better) to the slouchy hat I made for myself. It was definitely easier to do the second time around.


Here is a closeup of the top part of the hat. It is done in seed stitch, with a super bulky yarn, and I think it looks really neat.


This next picture is for my mother-in-law. She was curious what I meant when I referred to colour changing yarn on Twitter. Here is the first half of the scarf that I completed for myself. It is a knit two, purl two ribbing, very simple. I really like the colours, but the camera doesn't do them justice. It is a nice blue, turquoise and purple.



I am also currently working on a red boucle scarf for my friend's little girl. My next plans for knitting involve a baby blanket for a friend who is expecting, and a sweater for Kiwi. Though, if this weather holds, Kiwi might not need a sweater until next winter :)

No comments: