Wednesday, November 17, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 1

Introduce, Recent Picture and 15 Interesting Facts

Hi, my name is Angie.

Here is my most recent picture. It was taken last week after our dog had a hair cut and looked especially fluffy and soft. Jason had asked her "where's grandma?" which always gets her head tilted. I thought it would make a cute picture to join her. And I think it did ;)

15 (Hopefully) Interesting Facts:
1) I have never seen an ocean.
2) I have lived in the same city (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan) my whole life.
3) I don't like seafood. Though I will eat shrimp and have recently come to terms with fish.
4) I used to be able to turn my feet around backwards. I possibly still could, but I find that it hurts my knees now and would prefer to save my knees.
5) I have been a self employed registered massage therapist for the last 6 1/2 years.
6) I think it would be really cool to go for a hot air balloon ride.
7) I will turn 30 in January and I am okay with it. I think mostly because most of my friends are already 30....
8) I am probably more physically fit than I have ever been in my life. Well actually this summer I was probably more fit than I am now, since I haven't been running regularly.
9) Even though I am pretty squeamish about bugs and snakes and the like, my ultimate dream vacation is an African safari.
10) I recently taught myself to bake bread and I find a certain satisfaction in watching the dough rise and bake up to a beautiful loaf of bread.
11) I have never gotten a speeding ticket, but I did get a ticket for not having my seat belt fastened once, and I have never gone without a seat belt since.
12) I was 21 when I got my driver's license.
13) I have never been drunk or done any drugs (that weren't prescribed).
14) I want to go on a warm holiday during the winter someday.
15) There have only been two Christmases that I have experienced with no snow. One was in Calgary and it was +15C on Christmas eve and my cousin and I ate ice cream in the park. The other was in Saskatoon and was a real once-in-a-lifetime brown Christmas in 1997.

3 comments:

Karen said...

It's so crazy you have never seen an ocean. I think it would underwhelm you though. Unless, of course, it were from Hawaii.

Angie said...

Yeah, I think that if I were to see an ocean, I would want it to be a nice, warm, tropical ocean. Not a cold Canadian ocean.

Karen said...

Yah, a cold stinky canadian ocean. BOO