Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness

I got a couple of email messages on Facebook this past week from girls I am friends with. This email said that in the name of breast cancer awareness, that you should change your Facebook status to "I like it..." and where the ... are, you should name the location that you keep your purse. For example someone's status might say "I like it on the kitchen counter" or "I like it in the closet".

My first thought when I read this, is that these foolish people are telling possibly hundreds of people on Facebook where in their house they keep their purse. I felt like responding to some of these people and saying, "Thanks, I will know where to look when I break into your house!" :P People can be so silly!

And another thing....how in the world does this promote breast cancer awareness? Probably in the same way purchasing a sponge with a pink ribbon on the package is supposed to make you feel good about supporting the Breast Cancer Association. If you want to support the Breast Cancer Association, donate to the Breast Cancer Association. I know that breast cancer is a big concern for a lot of people, and I don't take it lightly, but I just cringe when I see all the pink ribbon items at this time of year (October is breast cancer awareness month).

No comments: