Sunday, October 31, 2010

Angie's trip to the spa

Yesterday I had the privilege of going to the spa with my mom and sister for the afternoon. Mom had offered to take Robin and I to the spa a couple of months ago because she said it's something she has always wanted to do with us. We booked a four and a half hour package at Edgewater Spa that included the following treatments: a full body salt scrub, a 10 minute soak in a jet tub, a half hour relaxation massage, a pedicure, a manicure and a facial.

I have to say it was lovely! I have had most of these treatments before on their own and various spas but have to say that my spa package yesterday renewed my faith in salt scrubs, manicures and facials. I had a manicure for the first time a few days before my wedding. It was painful and obviously the girl was too aggressive with my cuticles because some of them actually bled after that. I told the girl yesterday that I appreciated how gentle she was. I also have to say I was almost dreading the half hour relaxation massage. I have had a lot of massages in the last 10 years and I basically just expected the massage to be an application of lotion after the salt scrub. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't an amazing massage, but it exceeded my minimal expectations!

My sister suggested that the three of us should do a spa day like this once a year. I think that wouldn't be a bad idea. It was a lot more pleasant than I was anticipating. Not that I didn't think it would be good, I just wasn't expecting it to be quite as good as it was.

No comments: