Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Run Angie, Run!

The Mogathon is now only a week and a half away. In the last month since we registered our team for the 30k relay I think I have done really well with my training. Last night I went for a thirty minute run! I ran for 30 minutes straight! Using Google Pedometer I figure that I ran about 4.3km in thirty minutes. I ran from our house (in Stonebridge) to the parking lot at The Willows and back. I was feeling a little pooped by the end, but after the 30 minutes was done, I walked for about a minute and in that time I caught my breath and felt ready to go for another run so I ran a little bit further and picked up my speed. I think I can now honestly say that I am in the best shape I have EVER been in. I remember in high school when we did our fitness runs, I am sure we never ran more than about 15 minutes and it was a struggle for me, even back then when I was 14 and 15 years old. Yay me! :)

After running that far last night I was doing a bit of searching online to see if there were any more races scheduled in Saskatoon this summer. I came across the River Run Classic which is on August 15th and has a 5k, 10k and half marathon (21k). I am seriously thinking about signing up for it. I think the relay for the Mogathon will be fun, but I really think that it would be exciting to run a race by myself. I am thinking I will see how the 6k Mogathon goes, then decide whether I would like to register for the 5k or 10k. Who would have thought.....Angie.....running. Crazy!

No comments: