Thursday, June 24, 2010

Maybe I am more memorable than I think...

I was having a chat today with a friend about people from high school. She had run into a girl from high school that she hadn't seen since we graduated 12 years ago. She remembered Karen, and Karen recognized her, but couldn't remember her name. The girl went on to ask Karen about some other people we went to school with, that Karen was never really friends with. I guess Arleen and I weren't as memorable as Karen, haha.

Hearing this reminded me of one day a couple of years ago when I was walking Kiwi through our neighborhood and all of a sudden this woman who was standing in the front yard said to me, "Is your name Angela?" I didn't recognize her at all......I was like, "Yeeeeeeah....." Right away she told me who she was and it turns out I went to elementary school with her. I hadn't seen her since grade eight but she recognized/remembered me. I was not friends with this girl....in fact she was the prettiest and one of the most popular girls in our class. In elementary school I was a nobody. I had my good friends (thankfully) but we were not cool at all. I remember the cool kids sat in this one corner in the boot room. My friends and I never sat in that corner. Back then I was smart and shy and I got picked on a lot. Mainly by some really obnoxious annoying 13/14 year old boys.

I just think it's funny that Karen and I seem to be so memorable. We didn't stand out in school. Sure we were smart, but no the kind of smart where everyone remembers your name (like Arjun...who graduated a year or two before us with a 99.8% or something like that average....I wonder where he is now....). We definitely weren't athletic, or involved in any clubs. We just sort of floated through school and I didn't think anyone really noticed us. Apparently they did....

1 comment:

Karen said...

Come to think of it, I'm surprised she didn't call me Angie! haha.. That's usually what happens with us.