Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Half Way There!

Tomorrow is day 45 in my 90 day P90X journey. I can't believe it's been six and a half weeks already. I haven't missed a single day. I have subbed out different work outs a couple of times for Kenpo X, but I have worked out six days/week for the last six weeks. I have to say in general I feel really good. My energy level is much better than it used to be and I have greater endurance with doing physically strenuous activities. That is what I was looking for at the start of the year when I started exercising. I wasn't ever looking to lose much weight or get all ripped and muscly, but was looking to be healthier, stronger, more flexible and able to do some push ups from my toes. So far so good :)

I also finished up week five of my Couch to 5K running plan. Today's run included a five minute warm up walk, then twenty minutes of running, then a cool down walk. It went quite well. I was definitely getting fatigued by the end of the 20 minutes. But I wouldn't say it felt like a struggle. I used Google Maps Pedometer site to figure out that I actually ran 3km in the 20 minutes. I say that's not too bad. If I can run 6kms on June 26th in 40 minutes I think that will make me happy. Next week in the C25K program is the last week that includes walking intervals. Week seven has three twenty five minute runs, week eight three twenty eight minute runs and week nine three thirty minute runs. And theoretically by the time you can run for thirty minutes you should be able to run about 5km. I figure adding an extra kilometer shouldn't be too bad. In the next few weeks I hope to go down and do some running by the river so I actually get some hills which we don't have in our area.

1 comment:

Jay said...

I'm proud of you sweetie! You've never looked better and shown motivation and commitment most people couldn't scrounge up for anything.