Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blah

A mixture of various things in my life right now are making me feel really blah. I don't think I would quite say I am depressed I just feel sort of gloomy and low. This weather could really take a hike. I think the sun would do oodles of good for my state of mind right now. And not just one little sunny day....I am talking about a week solid of +20C and sun. I am finding my motivation to work out is even kind of dwindling. I haven't given up on it, but it's not like I hop out of bed and jump into my work out clothes. It's like "ooookay, I guess I'll do it".

I am still enjoying it, and I was really impressed when I attempted the 30 Day Shred last night after not having done it since I started P90X that I am so much stronger. I did a number of push ups from my toes, and the cardio that just about killed me a few months ago wasn't nearly as challenging. But I sure was soaked by the time I was done.

I am thinking this weekend of attempting to do a 6km run on the route that I will run for the Mogathon in a couple of weeks. I would possibly get Jay to drop me off at River Landing and either he could hang out there for a while, or go do some stuff for an hour, then come pick me up at Ravine Drive. I just think it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a full practice run. See how I am able to handle it. At this point I am hoping to be able to run it in 45 minutes or less. Not sure how realistic that is, but at this point I seem to be able to run about 3kms in 20 minutes, so I think it's a realistic goal.

No comments: