Friday, May 21, 2010

I was reminded again this week about the miracle of pregnancy and child birth. It seems like the more people I know that get pregnant or have babies, the more people I hear about who have had some major complications or lost babies, or had sick babies. I know a lot of people who have had amazingly healthy beautiful babies too, but just seems like lately there have been more sick ones.

A girl who I was good friends with when we were kids (though we sort of lost touch after high school) had a baby boy this week and he has some major heart defects. I don't know all the details, but from what I have gathered from updates on Facebook, it sounds like he took a turn for the worse today and basically they are trying a medication and if it doesn't work, there is nothing more that they can do for him medically. I just can't imagine the desperation those young parents must feel. Makes me so sad. These parents who planned, and got their nursery ready, and bought all the things they would need to look after this new little one, and now they don't know if he will make it. Wow, that is so tough. I've said a lot of prayers for them this week. I would ask if you are a praying person to say a prayer for baby Ethan, and his parents Lisa and Shaun.

No comments: