Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Blue Man Group


Here we are waiting for the show to start. Neither of us were feeling very well today. I was glad that we were able to go tonight. The crowds weren't even too bad (I would say Sask Place was less than half full) and it took no time at all to get out of the parking lot. We were home by 10pm.


The start of the show. I didn't get any good pictures of the opening act. His name was David Garibaldi and he painted pictures to music. It was very neat. After the show you could purchase one of the four paintings he did during the opening act. They were $1250 each!


Who knew that three guys painted blue who didn't make a single facial expression or say a single word could be so entertaining. It was quite a funny show!


I loved the light show. It was very flashy! I enjoyed their playing of the PVC pipes and when they would whip around this long whippy thing. It sounded really neat. I would say that overall the show was a little different from what I expected, but I enjoyed it immensely. I think I may have permanently lost a portion of my hearing this evening, but it has been a LONG time since I was at a show that loud.

Here's a short video clip that I also took during the concert:

No comments: