Monday, June 01, 2009

Tattoos

I have thought in the last few months about getting a tattoo. I am definitely not one to rush into it. For me, if I ever got one, it would have to be quite meaningful.....something I would want to look at for the rest of my life.

Not only is there that aspect of it, there's the 'where do I get it' aspect too. For me, I would prefer to have it somewhere I could see it, so I guess my back is out. But I would like it somewhere I could show people, or show it off, or if I would rather, I could cover it up. I realize that doesn't leave a lot of space. I also wanted to put it somewhere that it will not sag or stretch out too much. I was leaning toward my shoulder, not the back part, because I couldn't see it, but more on the side, upper arm, so it could be hidden by a t-shirt.

I have also been bugging Jay that we should get matching tattoos. I think it would be a bonding experience....Okay maybe not. Maybe I just want someone to come with me and hold my hand and get me tissues when I inevitably cry because I am a wuss when it comes to pain.

I have looked at a lot of tattoo designs online and have come up with something that I like, that isn't completely evil looking, and that can have a deeper meaning for me. I am not going to say what it is just yet....but if I ever get it done, I will post a picture. I think it is something that isn't too girly, so if Jay wanted to get a matching one, he wouldn't look like a sissy. I was also thinking of a certain Bible verse, possibly in Hebrew, but after looking it up online, it seems that it's popular among the celebrity crowd, which doesn't appeal to me. I want this to be something I have given a lot of thought to. Not that my idea is original at all, but I don't want to be a copycat.

This brings us to Grainfield's restaurant yesterday after church. We went to the early service yesterday morning since we went to be early Saturday night because Jay wasn't feeling that well, and we were bored. After church, at 10:15am we were thinking brunch might be nice, so we headed over to Grainfield's restaurant. The lady sitting behind Jay was probably about 55 or 60 years old. She was overweight, wearing short shorts and a low cut tank top. She had three visible tattoos. A maple leaf on her shoulder, a flower on her wrist and a rose on her chest. I suddenly started to think, do I really want that to be me in 20 years?? Though I do realize that most of my generation and younger have tattoos. They are much more accpetable these days. So if when I get to be 60 years old, I wear a low cut tank top and shorty shorts even though I am too fat to do so, maybe it would just look normal for me to have a tattoo because everyone else does.

No comments: