Friday, May 29, 2009

Have you ever watched a movie that really affected you? I don't know if affected is the right word....just a movie that you watched and you just can't get it out of your head. It makes you think.....

I watched The English Patient last week and I just keep thinking about it. I quite thoroughly enjoyed it. I know that the main love story in the movie was an affair, which really goes against what I feel about marriage. But I could feel their love, their passion, or maybe it was just lust.....but he did walk for three days through the dessert to get help for her. I didn't cry, but I did feel quite bad for Lazlo at the end. I still feel sort of sad, maybe that's what I keep thinking about it, why I can't get it out of my head. I may need to watch it again, maybe buy it.

I think the first few times I saw Titanic I sort of felt the same. The first time all the tears I cried were for Rose who had lost her true love. However the second time I saw it I cried more for all the needless death that occurred because of the stupid class system (ie. not enough life boats, not letting the lower class people on the boats, etc). All the dead people floating in the ocean....yeah it affected me. Made me feel sad too.

No comments: