Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Road Trip!!!!

This weekend I went on a road trip with two of my dearest friends. I have been friends with these girls FOREVER!! It was a good time! We left bright and early Friday morning and got to Calgary at about 3:30pm. We checked into our hotel, the Blackfoot Inn, and headed over to the Chinook Centre for some shopping and supper. We had supper at Joey Tomato's and it was good, though quite noisy in the lounge. Then we checked out Chinook and headed back to the hotel for night time.

Our hotel was quite nice. The beds were comfy, it was clean, and looked like it had been fairly newly renovated. The best part is that was only $104/night. Not too shabby!

Saturday we got up and went and checked out Ikea. I bought a couple of things there and then we had lunch there. Good meatballs and fries for a reasonable price! After lunch I dropped Karen off at the hotel for a nap, and Arleen off at Chinook for some shopping and I carried on to visit my grandpa. He moved into a nursing home last summer and I have not visited him there yet. It is a nice little place and we had a good chat for about an hour. I then went and got Arleen and we went back to the hotel to figure out where we wanted to go next.

We decided to go check out Sunridge Mall. I had never been there and it looked like they might have some fun stores. We went there and realized that they had an H&M store. I thought the only one in Calgary was at Market Mall. We checked it out and I got a new shirt. After we were done there we went to The Cheesecake Cafe for supper. Mmmmm cheesecake. After that it was back to the hotel to get ready for bed.

Sunday we got up and decided to go check out the Signal Hill box mall. I wanted to check The Shoe Company for some new casual shoes. We got there about 10:30am and stores didn't open until 11am so we went to Starbucks for a drink. I tried a vanilla rooibos latte and it was quite tasty! After that went to the shoe store and I got some shoes, Arleen got some shoes and Karen got an awesome new purse!! We had lunch at Montana's, then headed over to Market Mall. We browsed around there and I found a nice pair of knee length jean shorts at Jacob.

When we finished up at the mall I called my aunt and we went and had supper with her and one of her friends at a Vietnamese restaurant. When we were done supper we went to an African concert at her church. It was really neat!!

Yesterday we got up and checked out and had brunch at our hotel then drove home. It was nice to get home.

It was a lovely weekend! I have not spent that much time with Karen and Arleen for a LOOOONG time. I have never driven in Calgary and did a fair bit this weekend. It wasn't so bad. The big reason we did so well is that mom and dad lent us their GPS for the weekend and that thing is awesome! We missed a couple of turns or exits, and it would automatically show us an alternate route to get where we were going. I think I will be asking to borrow it again for our summer holidays!!!!

No comments: