Saturday, April 18, 2009

CPR

I have been watching the first season of ER lately. I always enjoyed that show when I watched it. I just watched off and on in the 15 seasons. In watching I have noticed their CPR techniques. I realize that the actors they are performing CPR on would probably not appreciate a broken rib, however their CPR is pathetic. I will admit that I have never performed CPR on someone, and I hope I never have to. When I learned CPR I was told that if you are doing it correctly you will quite possibly break a rib or two. Also, you need to be directly over top of the person to give enough pressure, unless maybe you were performing it on a child or infant, who need significantly less pressure. I know all TV doesn't have to be perfectly realistic, but I think that ER strived to be quite realistic, and I think they could have done a better job with their CPR.

I just watched the episode where Dr. Green performs an emergency c-section on a woman and then she dies. Man, it made me cry. It must have had an impact on me, because watching it, I remembered watching it years ago as a new episode.

No comments: