Friday, March 13, 2009

Wedding time!

Tomorrow is Arleen's wedding. I am looking forward to it, even though it has been hard to with all the other stuff going on right now. We dropped Kiwi off last night at my mom and dad's house where she will be spoiled rotten while Jay and I are off at the wedding.

I have known Arleen since grade three. That is approximately 20 years. When you are only 28 that is a long friendship. I was talking with a co-worker the other day about different friendships. She mentioned a friend of hers who was high maintenance, who she had to call at least once a week or so, or the friend would start to think they weren't friends anymore. I would say Arleen is a low maintenance friend. She has been there all these years, even when she was away at Bible college for four years and when she was gone to Taiwan for a little over a year. We can still get together and talk and talk and talk like it hasn't been that long since we last visited. I am blessed to have such good friends in my life.

I wish Arleen and Arlen all the best as they start their lives as a married couple. If you would have asked me in high school, who would be married first, Karen, Arleen or myself, I definitely would have voted for Arleen. But she is the last to get married....and that is just fine. She has experienced a lot of things in her life and is quite the adventurer. I am glad she is marrying someone who is just as adventurous as her :)

No comments: