Sunday, January 25, 2009

I was just checking to see when the next Harry Potter movie (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince) comes out in theatres and according to IMDB it's July 17th, 2009. Even though the last 3 movies have been somewhat disappointing in comparison with the books I am looking forward to seeing the movie. I noticed that the final intallment of the Harry Potter movies will be done as two movies. I have thought that since the third or fourth movie came out that they should do them as two part movies. They are 600-800ish pages long and it can be tough to squeeze that all into one 2-3 hour movie. I figured if they did them as two parters they would make double the money on them. They didn't do it though and for those who hadn't read the books the movies left you with a lot of questions. It will be interesting to see what they do with the finale. The last two movies are due out in November 2010 and May 2011. And I also found out that John Williams did write the scores for the Harry Potter movies. I often felt like there were some similarities in feel to them and Star Wars and Indiana Jones. So now you know!

No comments: