Monday, December 08, 2008

Get Smart

I watched Get Smart last night. I used to watch the reruns of the television version when I was a kid and overall I was not disappointed with the movie. I honestly expected even a little more cheesiness than was in the movie, but there was definitely enough cheese. The one thing that I sort of struggled with was the pairing of Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway as Maxwell Smart and Agent 99. They both played their rolls well. I like Steve Carell a lot after getting into watching The Office and I think he was a great choice to play Maxwell Smart. I think the age difference between them just bugged me. Anne Hathaway is 26 years old and Steve Carell is 46 years old. Typically actors tend to play characters that are younger than them. Though we are never told how old either of the Get Smart characters are, they do allude to the fact that Agent 99 is older than she looks. I dunno, just sort of creeped me out to think of them as a couple.

No comments: