Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Shack

I finished reading The Shack last night. It is a book that I first heard about on Dixie's blog and then my coworker read it so when I saw it in the church library, I picked it up. It was a very intriguing book. I think I would like to read it again to take in more of the details and think about it some more. It really gave me a new perspective on God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I know that it is not scripture, it is just one guy's book and point of view. There were a few theological things that I wasn't totally feeling were completely accurate. I am not an expert in theology by any means, but it did really get me thinking. I was almost thinking of buying that book for my mom for a birthday or Christmas present. She is always looking for things to read and I thought it might be interesting to her. We'll see. It was a very thought provoking book to me and I can't seem to get it off my mind right now. I am glad I finished reading it at home last night and not at work because the last couple of chapters really had me crying.

No comments: