Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Simpsons

Jay and I are big fans of The Simpsons. (No, really?!) Lately I have realized just how often we quote various Simpsons episodes throughout the day. It is quite often....in the last day or two we have started calling toast "ye olde toast". We often call Kiwi "Poochie the rockin' dog", another Simpsons reference. If one of us, or someone we know does something nerdy we just look at eachother and say "Neeeeeeeeeeerd! Hey buddy, did you get a load of the nerd?" When we refer to the garden hose and the nozzle at the end...it's "the noozle at the end of the hoose". I have caught myself making one of these obscure references around people other than Jay, and usually I just get a funny look. Occasionally I get a giggle from someone who catches the reference. Sometimes I think we are pathetic, but I am glad that it is something we have in common. We really do share a unique sense of humour. So what if we can quote most episodes from the first ten seasons of the Simpsons. And so what if I am pretty excited that season eleven of the Simpsons comes out on DVD on October 7th. And so what if we will probably buy it instead of leaving it as a Christmas present option for one of our family members. Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd...

No comments: