Thursday, August 07, 2008

I am SO disgusted with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) right now. They had the audacity to release an ad comparing the brutal murder of that young man on the Greyhound bus to the daily slaughters of animals in slaughterhouses and on farms. Wow....I just don't have the words to express how deeply disturbing I find that. I can't imagine believing that animal life is just as valuable as human life. I am definitely not in any way endorsing animal cruelty, but if I had to choose between a human life and an animal life, I would choose the human life. I went to PETA's website and there was an article about the 10 reasons not to eat pork. One of their reasons was that pigs have feelings too! Oh and that pigs are just as smart as dogs, and even as smart as some primates :P

It sort of reminds me of watching the Dog Whisperer (love that show!), and I have seen a few parents who 'love' their dogs so much that they won't discipline them even after they have bitten their children. I love my little Kiwi, but if she aggressively bit a child or an adult I couldn't keep her.

No comments: